Saturday, October 30, 2010

New Metalwork Designs

My friend Brenda taught our beading group how to make a metalwork bracelet a few months ago.  Since then I have been cutting, torching, hammering, fold forming, and corrugating my little heart out.  It is so much fun and so very different from the other types of jewelry that I've made!  Here are some of my new pieces.


This is copper that has been textured, fold formed, flame painted, and wired with turquoise rondelles.


This is copper that has been textured, fold formed, flame painted, and wired with glass beads and black onyx beads.



This necklace and earring set is made with brass that has been corrugated and flame painted.  The necklace has a Sodalite teardrop.


I know - this picture looks a little slim.  But my stupid green croc was in the picture, and I'm too *%&%! lazy to go take another picture, so you get the cropped version.  This necklace is made of copper that has been textured, fold formed, flame painted, and wired with a marcasite drop and marcasite nuggets.


Again, really gotta watch those feet.  This is my take on swiss cheese - shiny, shiny copper with assorted holes.  The matching earrings follow.



These earrings are made of brass that has been annealed and formed into petals, and wired with glass flower beads.


And finally, you can show your sweetie that you're thinking about luuuuuvvvv when you wear these copper earrings with male and female symbols.
Please comment on what you like and don't like, cause I always welcome feedback!

No comments:

Post a Comment