Friday, April 30, 2010

Spring in Vandervoort

We have a country house in Vandervoort, which is a tiny town in Southwest Arkansas.  It's so wonderful to be there in the spring.  Several years ago Sweetie planted a football field sized plot of Shasta Daisies, and they bloom every year, along with a long row of daffodils.  Such a happy sight to see driving down our little dirt road!
Sweetie went kayaking again, so I had Shuttle Bunny duty.  It was kind of funny, because these two Park Rangers were talking to us at the put in, and then they seemed to follow me to the take out.  I think they thought I was going to get lost.  Little did they know that Sweetie and I have spent years hiking and driving these woods and know our way around pretty well!  Here's a pic from the Sandbar Bridge take out on the Cossatot River....



I love me a little black dog!  We have a Yorkiepoo - part Yorkshire Terrier, part Poodle - heretofore to be named LBD. (Little Black Dog)  She is smart, brave, funny, and tough as nails!  Here she strikes a pose on our deck at Vandervoort.  She didn't want her picture taken, cause she was "on patrol", guarding us from errant squirrels and cows.


OK, is it just me, or is there a face of a bear in this tree?!  Look closely - looks like a bear to me.  There are bears in these woods - thought we heard one growling one time when we were out hiking.  Our neighbors have reported seeing them also.

No comments:

Post a Comment